Tuesday, January 11, 2011

TRON Soundtrack

This score is too freaking cool. It is the hip love child of brainy Philip Glass minimalism and a high-octane Hans Zimmer score gone techno. In grade school, it was the score that all the other scores looked at with despair, thinking, I will never be that awesome.

I won't do any in depth analyses of the music because I don't want the soundtrack to think I'm a geek. I'll just point out an influence which they deftly manipulate. The TRON "Overture" pulls heavily from Copland's "Fanfare for the Common Man," but then Daft Punk adroitly makes it their own.





Yeah, it's awesome.


1 comment:

  1. I feel so validated by you liking this soundtrack as much as I do.

    Also, there's something empowering in the fact that it was made by men who never appear in public without wearing robot heads.

    ReplyDelete